I have talked about human filters and my plan for digital curation. These items are the fruits of those ideas, the items I deemed worthy from my daily reading. These items are a combination of tech business news, development news and programming tools and techniques. You will note that some of the formatting has changed, and that is due to the change in my process. Formatting, and the information presented, is likely to change a bit as I develop my new process.
- Avoid Hadoop: a beginner’s checklist for big data reporting
- New MongoDB feature for efficiently paging geo queries
- Upton: A Web Scraping Framework
- The Daily Six Pack: July 23, 2013
- Always look for the gem
- HTML5 Datalist: What You Need To Know
- Dew Drop – July 23, 2013 (#1,590)
- Golden strings and the rabbit constant
- MIT Researchers Develop Computer-Generated TCP That is Twice as Fast
- Bliki: UserDefinedField
- Why You Can’t Work For Google
- Impressions of Go
- The unprofitable SaaS business model trap
I hope you enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on those sites.